Dec 30, 2009

If at first you don't succeed...

My last two creations were horrible, including the cupcakes that had either sunk because they were so depressed, or exploded with joy:

They were, however, delicious! My family ate them in less than a day!

After that fail, Jon and I attempted the new Big Top CupCake mold that he had given me for Christmas! Seen here. Jon requested a really, really moist cake, and the first thing I thought of what the delicious Tres Leches cake mix! It went really well! It was my first try at Tres Leches and, adjusting to the odd mold we had for it, as well as the long process it took, it turned out AMAZING! Jon had whipped up a fabulous Irish Creme Frosting for it, and we could taste it even before it was ready! After the cake had chilled, it was ready to be frosted...well, sort of ready. We could have assumed the cake would turn out too moist for the frosting, and it was torn up by it. Oh well, we adapted and simply took a fork or two to it! Here is our YUMMY result:

I was only a little excited for our first cake!

Recipes used today:
Golden Cupcakes (From Crazy about Cupcakes by Krystina Castella)
Tres Leches Cupcakes (")
Irish Creme Frosting (")

1 comment:

  1. Omgoodness I love tres leches cake!! One of my husbands friends made us one for our wedding day as a gift. It had chunks of mango and strawberries ( our favorite) ohhh it was so good we didn't even eat our wedding cake! Lol
    ~Ruthie ;-)

    ReplyDelete