Nov 8, 2010

Finding Out What Life is as a Graduate Student

Well, friends, I, again, apologize for the lack of cupcaking. It has taken its toll on my heart, too. Grad school is eating me alive. It isn't that I am always so busy, but the rare free time I do have is spent watching television, not baking! Another factor playing its role here is money. Holy wow, graduate school is expensive, as are those "living-on-your-own" bills.

But, rest assured, today, I bring you some cupcakes! I recognize that posting these adventures in the kitchen and pictures to boot tend to give a craving or two. Well, with todays cakes, you won't have to worry about those cravings for two reasons: 1. They are not that great. 2. Mark Fincham is not here to taste test. (Nor is Jon, or anyone else for that matter.)

After a day of homework, I remembered that it is November and a few of my classmates have birthdays around here, so I decided to whip something up. I have been bragging about my baking skills since July, and have failed to prove them. Hence, todays baking inspiration. I went through my few cupcake books and found a recipe that seemed simple and easy. Simple, as in, I have no ingredients or money to get some. Easy, as in, "I forgot to do that homework!" They are called Chocolate Muffins and consist of butter, flour, brown sugar, egg, and milk. That's it. Which is why I assume they do not taste good. It is my belief that the harder something is to bake, the better it will taste. I also used a new book, so I am a little hesitant to serve these puppies. Not only am I used to yielding 24 cupcakes (only 12 here), but I have 17 people in my cohort to serve! I'm stuck on the fence as to if I will bring these to school tomorrow or not. Opinions?

In short, I'm so happy I had my delicious, homemade leftover frosting in the freezer to spruce these cakes up!

Happy Fall!





















Recipes used today:
Chocolate Muffins (Cakes and Cookies from ImagineThat publishing)
Vanilla Frosting, frozen/thawed from last time (Crazy about Cupcakes by Krystina Castella)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete