Jan 13, 2010

Practice makes perfect!

With Jon's Birthday quickly approaching, I decided it was necessary to brush up my skills before the big show. Stay tuned, we have big cupcake plans for that!

Tonight, my Mama and I wanted Strawberry Cupcakes with GOOD chocolate frosting. This can actually be quite the task! Started to work, and decided to cut the recipe in half, because what family of 3 1/2 need 24 cupcakes?! The batter went wonderfully; I used my altitude conversions (more runny batter, less baking powder, lower temp, etc). While the cakes were cooking, I started on the Chocolate Frosting recipe. My first reaction? "So long store-bought frosting". OH my gosh! This was fantastic--I almost don't want to put it on the cupcakes and just eat it all! Here is the frosting result:



Then the cupcakes were ready to come out of the oven, and low and behold! SUCCESS...again!



Obviously a hit!

Recipes used today:
Strawberry Cupcakes (Crazy about Cupcakes by Krystina Castella)
Chocolate Frosting (Crazy about Cupcakes by Krystina Castella)

1 comment:

  1. As the official taster tonight, I can say YUMMM! These are delicious cupcakes with perfect frosting. Way to go Kate!!

    ReplyDelete