Feb 9, 2010

Supa Bowl, Supa Cole

Again, any excuse to whip up some treats, I'll take it! The Super-bowl is no exception! I decided I wanted to do something out of the ordinary, AND something that is common for those with less exotic taste buds! I found the Peanut Butter cake recipe and instantly thought "That will fail." Which made me decide that I had to do it! There was plenty of chocolate frosting from last week and thought that would taste absolutely delightful! For the more common recipe, I chose those yummy, moist chocolate cupcakes with a vanilla frosting.

I started with the p-butter cakes, thinking if they were to fail, I would have time to whip up more chocolate cakes. I expected the peanut butter to make the batter sticky or unbearable, but to my surprise, it was just as normal as other batters! I lathered on the frosting and used white fondant to make little footballs of the cakes!









The result? A hit! A little bit on the crumby side, but, my oh my, the taste was just splendid!


Now, for the chocolate cakes! I've made these before, so I knew they would be great. My new indication is Mark. I talked about our friend Mark last blog, and his "Taste-o-meter" is the most flattering thing ever! Granted, he likes to eat nearly everything, but still, I can't even describe the sounds he makes--but I know he loves my cakes! This night, I did get very frustrated and had Jon step in for the frosting part of this, so that helped relieve a ton of my stress! Here they are:


Go Saints!

To finish off, I was bragging last post how much I LOVE birthdays! And that was when my best girl, Nicole informed me that I had not baked HER a batch of my cakes for her birthday, which was a month ago. How horrible can I get?! So I pulled a chocolate cake with green frosting to write "Happy 23rd---Congrats---Sorry". (She also JUST got a job at Rose Medical Center, I am SO proud of her!)


Sunday was fantastic! Jason and Kellie hosted a great party with lots of friends and food! Never a dull moment with that group!

Recipes used today:
Peanut Butter Cupcakes (Crazy about Cupcakes by Krystina Castella) 
Chocolate cupcakes (Crazy about Cupcakes by Krystina Castella)
Vanilla Frosting (Crazy about Cupcakes by Krystina Castella)
Fondant writing tip (From Michaels)

1 comment:

  1. You are too freaking cute! The PB kate-cakes sound so yummy! How fun!!

    ReplyDelete