Feb 3, 2010

Just a little something I whipped up

I have to come clean. There is a secret deep inside of me that I MUST confess to my faithful readers: I love birthdays.
I'm not even sure why! Mainly, I think, it's the celebration of someones birth--usually people who mean a lot to me. I think that is why cupcakery is so precious to me: it's a little gift made with a ton of love! So this week was very, very special with the celebration of a great friend (Mark) AND Jon's sister (Katie) and dad (Nathan)!

Obviously by the lack of baking/blogging (blaking?!), school has swallowed up my schedule, so the time to do things fun has gotten shorter and shorter. But when it comes to birthday's, I seem to pull through! Example:
4:30-Go time, done with work, and it's time to book it
6:00-Arrive at Jon's and we run to the store
7:00-Mix, mix, mix! Pop those puppies in the oven
8:00-Enter birthday boy and his lovely wifey
8:24-(Commercial of 24!) Indulge and success!

As we didn't have a ton of time and lacked many ingredients, I made something I've done before: Golden cupcakes. Again, altitude conversions (souper batter, less baking powder...) helped with the beauty of these cakes. Jon whipped up an internet frosting, which was very, very delicious, however a little gooey. Here are the results:









Pre-frosting
DIY frosting!









The man of the night (besides Jack Bauer!)


Then, the next day was another busy day of school, but once I got to Jon's, we went to the grocery to buy ingredients to make the best frosting ever for Katie and Nathan's birthday(s)! (Used on the previous blog: Strawberry cupcakes) (DISCLAIMER: If ever anyone wants any of these recipes in detail, please let me know!)

The party was super fun, and ended with a surprise visit from Ben "Jammin" Jarvis and Colin Twaddell! Lucky us!

Recipes used today:
Chocolate Frosting (Crazy about Cupcakes by Krystina Castella)
Golden Cupcakes (From Crazy about Cupcakes by Krystina Castella)
1 Minute Chocolate Frosting (Found here)

No comments:

Post a Comment